If you checked out my post yesterday, you learned about how amazed I was that my loving husband made a delicious meal for me when I got home. You’ll also read that I was pleasantly surprised he didn’t make tacos, which is one of his favorite foods.
He was at it again tonight. This time a more he prepared a more predictable meal. The meal option tonight was tacos.
It was a healthier alternative to the packaged seasonings you can get at the supermarket. With a few variations you can make a decent meal for you and your family.
What’s the best part? It’s fast and easy!
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.
Pair this with lean ground turkey, salsa, tomatoes, onions, and lettuce and you’ll have a healthier, filling substitute to give you the taco fix you were needing.