Today was a long day at work. I was pleasantly surprised to the meal that was made when I got home. You see, usually my husband thinks tacos are golden as a meal.
Today was different. He found a recipe on allrecipes.com that was rather delicious in a different kind of way.
With that, I present to you Orange Pork Tenderloins with Caramelized Onions.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (1 pound) pork tenderloins
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup Pace® Picante Sauce
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork and cook until well browned on all sides. Remove the pork from the skillet.
- Heat the remaining oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 15 minutes or until well browned, stirring often.
- Stir the picante sauce, marmalade and orange zest in the skillet. Return the pork to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 10 minutes or until the pork is cooked through.
It’s about 196 calories and would go great with a side of fresh green beans. Feel free to visit Allrecipes to learn complete nutrition information.
A few variations: He used yellow onions which are a little sweeter. I also think you could use fresh squeezed oranges with a dash of sugar to replace the marmalade. I also doubt he used 2 tablespoons of oil. I think it would be a great pairing with chicken instead of pork, as well.
Try it out, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it!